Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Salad Bowl



This is one of my new favourite salads! We've now had it 2 nights in a row, except last night I made it with chicken breast which was just as good.  Since I always just wing it when cooking I'll try to make it as accurate as possible....

Ingredients:
1/2 bunch organic spinach chopped
1 sweet red pepper
2 big tomatoes 
handful of fresh basil chopped
handful rosted pistachios 
1/4 cup semi sprouted mixed sprouts 
1/4 cup crumbled feta 
1/2 cup cooked and cooled quinoa 
half a can of chickpeas:
 washed, drizzled in olive oil, paprika and salt. Broil till golden brown 
1 steak:
fried in butter seasoned with salt, chilli powder and smoked paprika. Cut into thin slices

Dressing;
1/4 cup avocado oil 
1 fresh squeezed lemon juice 
1 tsp. organic dijon mustard 
1.5 tsp. finely grated ginger 
1 finely grated garlic clove
pinch of pink himalayan salt 
pinch of freshly grated pepper 

In my photos the quinoa is beneath the salad, but it can be tossed with everything!
Enjoy 

5 comments:

  1. Ha, I love your bowl! So fun!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS. My mouth is watering, and I'm such a sucker for steak in my salad. I definitely want to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the salad looks yummie!! i will definitely try to make it...love your blog x
    jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely delicious, so many of my favourite flavours in one! Also love your little fish dish hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I Love reading them!!